Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Year in Review

This was something I found at Taha's blog. Seemed like a little introspection would be good right now.

What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Pretty much everything. I started playing WoW in October of 08. So, let's see here...


Hit 80.
Got an alt to 80.
Started Raiding.
Led a raid.
OTed a raid.
MTed a raid.
DPSed a raid.
Earned a title.
Joined a raiding guild.
Led a raiding guild.
Got epic flying.
Got a 310 mount.
Got my professions to max level.

Those are just the notable ones.

What was your favorite new place that you visited?

Ulduar was amazing. Best instance Blizzard ever made. From the first encounter to the last, Ulduar was never boring. Often frustrating, but never boring.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

I'd like to get Legacy firmly entrenched as a respectable guild on Destromath.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Leading my ten man crew to Starcaller titles and Rusted Proto Drakes.

What was your biggest failure?

Not convincing some of my friends to stick with us.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Patch 3.2 making Paladins an acceptable choice for a progression main tank. I got sick of watching the DKs and Druids get all the glory.

What do you wish you’d done less of?

I wish I had pushed the 25 man group harder, earlier. Not getting 3D down in 3.0, No hard modes and no yogg in 3.1, and only breaking into ToGC 25 in the last two weeks of 3.2 kind of smacks of wasted potential.

What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?

I've really got 4 blogs that I really enjoy reading equally. Righteous Defense, Pwnwear.com, Avenging Wrathy, and Altadin. I read many others, but those four are kind of the backbone of my blogroll.

Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009

Jump in. Figure out what your goal is, and then make it happen. If you want to raid, then RAID. If you want to be the best player on the field in any given AV, then start queueing. If you wait for the stars to align just right, then you'll miss out.

1 comment: